Q Center Help Online
The Q Center is offering online tutoring help during the summer of 2017 for UConn students registered in Q Courses during one of the summer sessions, from June 5th through August 10th, Monday – Thursday from 1-5 pm.
Please Note: online tutoring is only available on a limited basis, and there may be a waiting time until we can help you.
In order to contact our tutors online please follow the following instructions:
- You need to send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org, from your UConn gmail account (email messages from non-UConn gmail addresses may be disregarded, as we need to verify you are affiliated with UConn).
- Please include in the subject of your message the Q course you are registered for.
- When we receive your email message, our GA at the Q Center will invite you to start a “Hangout” (chat). Please allow Gmail to begin a chatting session with uconnqcenter.
- The GA at the Q Center will let you know the waiting time until a Q Center tutor can join the conversation, and help you with your questions.
- Once the tutor is available, we will begin the tutoring session. It is best if we can communicate via video-conference, so please try to communicate through a computer with a webcam. Alternatively, for math sessions we might ask you to join a chat room at www.mathim.com.
- You may be asked to fill out a customer satisfaction survey at the end of your session.
Note: If the connection is unstable on your end, we might have to end the tutoring session and ask you to find a better internet connection.